Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 28: Rest Day with Frank

Sioux Falls, SD

Well, the long anticipated rest day has come and gone, and it was just what the doctor ordered. Besides sleeping and eating more today than I have during the past 3 days combined, I was able to shop for basic needs, catch up on laundry, etc. This afternoon, Frank and CJ attended their hour-long orientation from ABB (America by Bicycle). The organization is very well run with specific guidelines for keeping everyone safe. If asked, I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is contemplating a cross-country ride.
Besides Frank and CJ, there will be one additional cyclist who will be joining us through Niagara Falls. He is British but resides in Spain. I am always intrigued by these international participants. Why are they choosing certain portions of the country to see? Have they cycled extensively in their own country? I look forward to getting to know him better.
Here is a picture of Gail, CJ, Frank, and me before heading to Chili's and our last chance to eat dinner where we want....

Tomorrow, we ride with the husbands...just like home!

1 comment: