Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 19: Recovery

Casper, WY (Rest Day)

This rest day could not have come at a better time! Today, we let our bodies recover by sleeping in, hydrating, and eating. I was not at all surprised when I stepped on the scale this morning to see that I had shed 7 pounds since beginning this trip. While we feel as though we are eating plenty, it's not easy to replace all of the calories that we are burning. 
The day began with a relaxing (haven't used that word since June 16th) breakfast in which everyone enjoyed a second, third, and fourth cup of coffee. We did a quick load of laundry, cleaned the bikes, and got organized. Then, I treated myself to a hair appointment and manicure....again, relaxing. We enjoyed a great lunch in center city Casper at Eggington's...

Tonight, we joined 8 of our fellow cyclists at a local pub/restaurant for dinner. Throughout the day, I reflected upon all that we have accomplished thus far: ridden 1,356 miles, climbed over 48,000, crossed 3 states (almost), and raised over $22,000 for the Boys and Girls Club of Wilmington. It's satisfying and rewarding.
Tomorrow is another very long day in the saddle as we cycle 106 miles. This time, I'll check my tires!

1 comment:

  1. Ann, I couldn't begin to tell you how amazing it is to see you endure the challenges and come out a winner. It fans the flames of the fire you started in me many, many years ago. How great it is when we live our lives, truly LIVE them, and do things such as your cross country journey.
    Sending you tons of positive energy and prayers for good health and good weather throughout your trip.

    ReplyDelete