Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 27: Nirvana!

Mitchell, SD to Sioux Falls, SD
73 miles with over 1,000' of climbing 

It takes some trying times to really appreciate the good days. This thought ran through my head all day as I felt strong for the first time in several days. Perhaps, I was just excited to reach Sioux Falls where I would see Frank for the first time in one month!
Once again, Gail, Gary, Terry, and I formed a team and took one-mile pulls. The miles ticked off quickly and before long, we reached our first SAG at mile 41. It was a fun stop as directly across the street, the town of Canistota was holding a tractor pull contest for children. Obviously, I would not see one of these events at home....

Having picked up Jane and Katie in our line, we arrived in Sioux Falls by 12:30 and went straight to a pub for lunch. Terry was in rare form after his "two for one" Fat Tires beer. We were all in a celebratory mood as we had just completed the third and most challenging segment of our journey.

Needless to say, it was wonderful to see Frank again. We spent about an hour sharing stories and catching up. Then, it was time to assemble his bike. He and CJ had decided to treat us to a first-rate dinner in the city. It was strange to ride in a taxi - my first car ride in several weeks. On the way, we were blocked by a motorcycle parade that seemed to go on forever. Once again, I thought of the cultural differences compared to the East.

Our dinner was one of the best meals that I have ever had! Attempting to regain some of my weight loss, I had a three-course feast at Parker's Bistro. If you ever visit Sioux Falls, this restaurant is a must.
Rest day is tomorrow - do you hear my sigh of relief?

No comments:

Post a Comment